KAPITI COAST – HOROWHENUA near OTAKI
Hanawera Farmstay is a self-contained Eco-Cabin situated on our 50 hectares of organic farmland and native forests.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SHORT TERM RENT.
Our farmstay is now being used by family and friends, and is no longer available for short-term rent.
We would like to thank all the people who have come and stayed at our place.
We trust you enjoyed your stay, and appreciated something of what we are trying to do with our Eco-Cabin and on our farm in general.
The information below is being retained to show what we are doing in terms of sustainable building.
For information on a small (10 square metre) hexagon cabin made from local natural materials: GO TO NATURAL CABIN
2 bedrooms, kitchen and living space (total of 60 m2), plus veranda and outside space
- Local, natural materials (untreated macrocarpa timber, earth and stone);
- Spring and rain water, compost toilet (and flush toilet), greywater re-use;
- Wood range for heat, cooking and hot water, & solar hot water;
- Electricity from on-site wind and solar panels;
- Diverse environment of gardens, orchards, grassland and forest;
- Bio-filtered swimming pool – like a pool in a stream (no chlorine);
- Bush walks.
View of the flat land around the homestead, with gardens, orchards, arable and pasture land
View of kitchen & dining area, and stairs to bedrooms.
View of main bedroom, with basin and on-suite flush toilet
The bio-filtered swimming pool immediately beside the farmstay.
Mimics a stream pool. No chlorine
Farm and forest walk along ridge lines and tracks, with views over the surrounding coastal plains, inland ranges, and of the volcanic mountains in the North Island, and ranges of the South Island.
GO TO BOOKING