We will be repeating the healthy nutrition workshop again in October (12th & 13th).
THE FARMHOUSE KITCHEN @ MANAKAU, HOROWHENUA
Phillippa Martin www.kohutu.co.nz
Emily Williams www.waterscape.co.nz
The weekend workshop covers the making and using of:
- Yoghurt, kefir, clabbered milk and soft cheese (feta and mozzarella types)
- Sourdough bread and chia chips
- Lacto fermented vegetables and drinks
- Flavoured vinegars and alcohol
- Chutney, relish, pickle and sauce
- Fruit bottling – overflow and oven methods
- Jam alternatives
- Sprouting, soaking grains and nuts
There will be lots of tasting opportunities as we make these, and also try some other homemade products eg. pickled walnuts, pate, kale chips and juices.
Take home your own starters for yoghurt, kefir, kombucha and sourdough.
Take home samples of some of the products made.
We will discuss nutrient dense food and the importance of good food and water.
Cost covering tuition, ingredients (organic/local as much as possible), folder of recipes, starters and samples is: $290. Maximum 12 participants, minimum numbers also apply
No extra cost for lunches of garden salads, broths, breads etc. and teas.
However if you would like to participate in a healthy but decadent feast on the Saturday night with local chef and renowned entertaining speaker, Sarah Hodge, this will be extra so please enquire.
Each day runs from 9.30 – 4.30
Please reply if you are interested, at Contact Us