KAPITI COAST – HOROWHENUA near OTAKI
Hanawera Farmstay is a self-contained Eco-Cabin situated on our 50 hectares of organic farmland and native forests.
107 South Manakau Road.
1 km off State Highway 1, between Otaki and Levin (Do NOT follow Google Maps. Go along South Manakau Road to the first corner)
2 bedrooms, kitchen and living space (total of 60 m2), plus veranda and outside space
- Local, natural materials (untreated macrocarpa timber, earth and stone);
- Spring and rain water, compost toilet (and flush toilet), greywater re-use;
- Wood range for heat, cooking and hot water, & solar hot water;
- Electricity from on-site wind and solar panels;
- Diverse environment of gardens, orchards, grassland and forest;
- Bio-filtered swimming pool (no chlorine)
- Bush walks
View of the flat land around the homestead, with gardens, orchards, arable and pasture land
View of kitchen & dining area, and stairs to bedrooms.
View of main bedroom, with basin and on-suite flush toilet
The bio-filtered swimming pool immediately beside the farmstay.
Mimics a stream pool. No chlorine
Farm and forest walk along ridge lines and tracks, with views over the surrounding coastal plains, inland ranges, and of the volcanic mountains in the North Island, and ranges of the South Island.
GO TO BOOKING